The Connection Voucher Scheme will allows small to medium sized enterprise (SMEs) and social enterprises within the new Fermanagh and Omagh District area to apply for grants of up to £3,000 to obtain high-speed broadband connections.
The overall aim of the proposed scheme is to stimulate economic growth in our district by not only helping existing organisations overcome the cost of installing high speed broadband, but also by improving the overall fibre infrastructure in the area making it a more desirable location to invest.
A similar scheme has been in operation in Belfast since December 2013 with over £1.5 million in grants given to almost 800 organisations. From the information provided by applicants, it has been estimated that each voucher will contribute 3 jobs and £133,000 in turnover for each business over 3 years.
What are the benefits?
- A more reliable service
- Business growth through increased competitiveness in local and international markets
- Better communication with partners, suppliers, customers and staff
- Reduced costs through more efficient working
- Improved data storage and accessibility
- Faster upload and download for large files.
Eligibility – 4 key rules
- Valid SME in the postcode area
- New connection must introduce a step change in performance
- Voucher must fund eligible costs only
- New connection must be from a registered supplier
About the grant
- Covers many types of connection
- Can only cover connection cost (excl VAT)
- No funding for recurring charges or subscriptions
How to apply
- Check your eligibility
- Get a quote from a registered supplier
- Complete the application and submit along with a quote
Call us on 02866 347735 or email email@example.com for more information